Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Transformers 2


Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Yup, I do movies too. :-)
I didn't go out of my way to see the first Transformers. One of my brothers got it for Christmas the year it came out and we ended up watching while in a turkey induced food coma. I thought it was a tad long but all in all pretty good. So, I had no intention of going out of my way to see the second one, but one 100+ degree, lazy, Sunday afternoon in late June, found me at a theater near me watching it.

It was entirely too long, for starters. There was a lot that I thought could be trimmed off and saved for DVD extras (I'm told that the verison in IMAX is even 20 minutes longer). Second, it tried to continue a love story between two people who really don't have any chemistry between them. Not to mention the majority of that love story is Mikela (Megan Fox) asking, no, more like telling, Sam (Shia LaBeouf) to tell her that he loves her. It gets annoying pretty quick. The rest is very over the top and cheesy, and not a lot is explained (like how a transformer can turn into a person). Finally, the music throughout the entire movie seemed like it was the same 3 or 4 Green Day and Linkin Park songs.

The only complement I have for the movie was that the special effects were pretty amazing. Though, I'm sure 10 years from now we'll look back and think it's complete crap (have you watched Independence Day lately?). Also, my boyfriend got all giddy for the fight scenes but most of the time I couldn't tell who was who; it just looked like one large hunk of metal rolling around on screen to me.

Bottom line
: Don't waste your money. It's a brain dead action movie. However, if you're really curious as to how it is all you need to do is rent the first one and play all the scenes where Megan Fox is running in slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment